Useful Websites and Links
Mrs. Palagano (formally Ms. Woodall) is in her 6th year of teaching and currently serves as the chorus director, assistant band director and piano teacher at Tenoroc High School. She is also the Geography Club sponsor. Mrs. Palagano earned a Master’s degree in Education (M.Ed) from Florida Southern College and has also completed graduate coursework at Southeastern University. She earned a Bachelor’s degree from The Florida State University. While at The Florida State University, Mrs. Palagano was a percussionist in various bands (including serving as principal percussionist in the Campus Band), and was an Alto II member of the Women’s Choir (the “Women’s Glee”). She not only holds her certifications in Music (K-12) but in Social Science (6-12), Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (5-9) and Elementary Education (K-6). Her professional educational experiences include teaching at Polk State College, giving private piano lessons, as well as attending various AP conferences & workshops. Mrs. Palagano is an active member of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME), Florida Music Educators Association (FMEA), the Florida Vocal Association (FVA), the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA), and the Florida Bandmasters Association (FBA). Mrs. Palagano is an alumna of Tau Beta Sigma, National Band Sorority. Additionally, Mrs. Palagano is a National Humanities Council grant recipient. In her spare time, Mrs. Palagano enjoys spending time with her husband, family and friends, hanging out with her dog “Dr. Pepper-Doodle Palagano”, travelling, playing golf & tennis, playing the piano. Mrs. Palagano’s goal is to build active, large, and successful choral and piano programs at Tenoroc High School. Please contact Mrs. Palagano if you have any questions pertaining to the choral or piano programs, or general student success at Tenoroc High School. E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (863)-614-9183 Ext. 265
Members of each THS Chorus will be exposed to various styles and types of choral music. They will also be expected to perform basic high school level sight reading and music theory skills. Students will be required to perform a minimum of 3 performances a year.
Career or Talent Incentives
- Annual participation in Disney’s Candlelight Processional at EPCOT with complimentary Disney tickets.
- Various approved performance-based field trips throughout the year.
- Students frequently awarded for faithful performance participation.
- Performance dresses/tuxes provided at no cost.
- Minimal expenses required.
- Parents are a vital part to this organization and are encouraged to become an approved volunteer through the Polk County website. If you were ever an approved volunteer at the elementary or middle school level, you would still be in the system! Persons interested in becoming an approved volunteer may do so by visiting this link.
- Parents are needed to help chaperone field trips, uniform fittings and alterations, assist in fundraising efforts and other activities.